The Epidemiological Society of Nigeria
To become a Multidisciplinary Organisation of Excellence, involved in Public Health Research, Capacity Development and Services.
Who We Are
The various aspects of the matching initiative are expected to boost both inward and outward trade and investment.
The Epidemiological Society of Nigeria (EPiSON) was established in 2011 and it currently has over 250 members. It is registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission of Nigeria. It enjoys a joint membership status with the International Epidemiological Association. The Board of Trustees and an Executive Committee administer the Society. The Society has collaborative with FHi360, Nigeria Centre for Disease Control, Federal Ministry of Health and other agencies in the implementation of its programmes. These are experienced scholars, researchers and public health experts who have contributed to the training of epidemiologists in Nigeria. The current Secretariat is in Abuja.
Aims and Objectives
- Facilitate communication and cooperation among multidisciplinary individuals engaged in practice, research and teaching of Epidemiology throughout Nigeria.
- Engage in the development and use of Epidemiological methods in all fields of health including social, community and preventive medicine.
- Collect and analyze information on effective Epidemiological methods/strategies and approaches, and to promote such strategies through the exchange of information and ideas among the members.
- Encourage volunteerism in support of Epidemiology and provide the means by which it can be into effect.
- Engage in other activities that would promote the attainment of the aims and objectives of the Society.
The Epidemiological Society of Nigeria (EPiSON) currently has membership strength of over 250, spread over all the states in Nigeria. The membership is from various disciplines such as medicine, veterinary medicine, pharmacy, laboratory science, statistics, sociology, parasitology, nursing just to mention a few. The Society has a multi-disciplinary team for any form of Epidemiological work.